TOKEN SALE AND PRE-SALE
Augmentors raised $1 million USD (895 BTC) during the 30-day token sale, which ended in February 2017. At the time, it was the most successful token sale ever conducted by a mobile video game project and it was also the first token sale conducted in South Africa.
We created 100 million Databits in total for fundraising and the exchange for 1 Bitcoin (BTC) was 15 000 Databits (DTB). 23 million (22,747,809) Databits were issued during the token sale and the remaining 77 million (77,252,191) were burnt.
Of the 22,747,809 Databits issued, 70% was utilised in the token sale crowdfunding campaign and the remaining 30% will be used to fund the development of the game, to create awareness and for promotion.
Augmentors also did a pre-sale exclusive with Spells of Genesis where we released a limited edition Augmentor, Genesis of Light, which would not be available at any other time. Out of the 1000 available to supporters, 67 were sold, 20 were sent to Spells of Genesis owners, and 913 units were ‘burnt’.
Those who supported the Augmentors project received a special portion of Databits, and a selection of rare, one-of-a-kind creatures relating to the size of their contribution. For the token sale, 25 of the 50 total creatures were allocated and are never to be re-released. Those who purchased more Databits received higher level Augmentors, such as Champion, Ultimate, Hero, Villain, and god status. The only way to obtain these rare creatures now is through a trade or sale with another player. Token sale participants will be able to select their rare, one-of-a-kind creatures before game release.